Sunday, June 6, 2010

These Tulips are on Fire!



My friends Felicia and Richard got married on May Long weekend! I made them a painting as a wedding gift. I like using bright colors in my paintings. This one was no exception. You can't tell from the pictures, but there are probably at least 10 layers of paint here. There is also a ton of gesso on the underlayer to create texture and design. When I started this painting, I wasn't sure where I was going to go with it. I was really into the firey colors that you see here. It suddenly occured to me as I was thinking about this painting that I had a photo I had taken that would fit this painting perfectly. It was a photo of tulips with the same color scheme. I attached the photo and was very happy with the result. Richard and Felicia, I hope you like it!







No comments:

Post a Comment